jFilter 1.1: A Free and Open Source Software to Generate BlueTack IPFILTER.DAT Files Quickly and Easily
# jFilter 1.1: A Free and Open Source Software to Generate BlueTack IPFILTER.DAT Files Quickly and Easily
If you are a user of eMule, BitTorrent, or other peer-to-peer file sharing applications, you might want to protect yourself from unwanted connections and malicious peers. One way to do that is to use an IP filter file, such as IPFILTER.DAT, that blocks the IP addresses of known bad sources.
However, creating and updating an IP filter file can be a tedious and time-consuming task. You need to find reliable sources of IP ranges, download them, convert them to the right format, and merge them into one file. Moreover, you need to do this regularly to keep your IP filter file up-to-date.
Fortunately, there is a free and open source software that can help you with this task: jFilter 1.1. jFilter 1.1 is a fast and easy tool that can generate BlueTack IPFILTER.DAT files from various sources in minutes. You can use jFilter 1.1 to create your own customized IP filter file that suits your needs and preferences.
In this article, we will show you what jFilter 1.1 is, how it works, and how to download and use it.
## What is jFilter 1.1?
jFilter 1.1 is a software that was created by a user named b on SourceForge.net. It is a Java-based application that can run on any platform that supports Java Runtime Environment (JRE).
jFilter 1.1 can create BlueTack IPFILTER.DAT files from various sources, such as:
- Bluetack lists: These are lists of IP ranges that are maintained by Bluetack Internet Security Solutions (BISS), a group of volunteers who collect and categorize IP addresses of bad sources. Bluetack lists include anti-P2P, spyware, trojan, proxy, ad trackers, and other categories.
- eMule lists: These are lists of IP ranges that are maintained by eMule users and developers. eMule lists include fake servers, fake clients, bad hash and fake files, and other categories.
- Other lists: These are lists of IP ranges that are maintained by other sources, such as IANA (Internet Assigned Numbers Authority), which assigns IP addresses to various organizations and regions.
jFilter 1.1 can download these lists from the internet, convert them to the ESD (Electronic Software Distribution) format, which compresses the files and reduces their size, and merge them into one IPFILTER.DAT file.
jFilter 1.1 also allows you to customize your IP filter file by selecting which categories of IP ranges you want to include or exclude. You can also add your own IP ranges manually or import them from other files.
jFilter 1.1 can create two versions of IPFILTER.DAT files: ipfilter_full.dat and ipfilter.dat. ipfilter_full.dat includes all the categories of IP ranges available from the sources, while ipfilter.dat includes only the most essential categories for blocking bad sources.
## How to Download jFilter 1.1?
If you want to download jFilter 1.1 for free, you need to go to this link: [Download jFilter 1.1](#4)
This link will take you to the SourceForge.net page of jFilter 1.1, where you can find more information about the software and its features. You can also see the latest updates and reviews from other users.
To download jFilter 1.1 for free, follow these steps:
- Click on the "Download" button on the top right corner of the page.
- Wait for the download to start automatically or click on the "direct link" if it doesn't.
- Save the file (jfilter_11.zip) to your PC.
- Extract the file using a tool such as WinZip or WinRAR.
- Open the folder (jfilter_11) and double-click on the file (jfilter.jar) to run the software.
Note: You need to have Java Runtime Environment (JRE) installed on your PC to run jFilter 1.1. If you don't have it, you can download it for free from [here](https://www.java.com/en/download/).
## How to Use jFilter 1.1?
After downloading and running jFilter 1.1, you will see a simple interface with four tabs: Sources, Options
jFilter 1.1 Fast BlueTack IPFILTER.DAT Creator Free OpenSource b